Friday, August 3, 2012

Back to School | Missouri Made Momma


I can't believe it's August already.  It's that time of year again.  The time when the isles at all the stores are filled with new crayons, markers, pencils and paper.  It's Back to School time.

Ok...so I might be one of the only parents that actually likes this time of year.  I know that it can be a little hectic trying to find all the supplies that are on your child's list, finding the right backpack and lunch box, and making sure your child hasn't outgrown all their clothes from last year and if they have, getting new ones.  I love this time of year because everything is new.  I like new things....What can I say?

There's a little trick I have learned over the years though.....Start early.  Yes, I'm serious.  Start early.  Where I live they put out the supply list long before you register for school so if possible start getting everything early.  Trust me, it's worth it.  I remember a year when I couldn't find pink erasers AT ALL.  You would think that wouldn't be an item that gets sold out but, needless to say, I couldn't find ANY.  That's when I realized that I needed to start earlier then next year.  So I did.

Well, here I am.  Still a few weeks before school starts and I have all the supplies my kids need.  I can stay calm these next couple of weeks and not stress about trying to find anything last minute.  It's been worth it.  So worth it!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment