Saturday, June 8, 2013

Praying God's Word For Your Life | Book Review

Kathi Lipp has a wonderful new book out called Praying God’s Word for your Life.  This book is all about your prayer life and how to make it more prevalent and purposeful in your life. 

I know that I struggle with my prayer life.  Lipp’s new book has so many ways for me to bring my prayer life in a new direction.  It’s not always easy to pray but, some of the easiest prayers have been for others.  In some of the chapters she helps you find ways that can make it even easier to pray for your husband, kids, and others in your life.  She even touches on subjects such as your finances, health and emotions. 

What I loved about this book was the practical tips that she includes at the end of the chapters.  They are wonderful because they are so easy to implement in my life.  But, of course the most amazing part is all the prayers that are included.  They have been writing from scripture and can be adapted to your life.  They are not one size fits all prayers. 

There is one drawback to the book and that would be the included stories from other.  The stories themselves give extra meaning to what she is trying to get across to the reader but, at times I was thinking it was Lipp speaking when, in fact, it was someone else telling their story.  I was a little confused at time as to who’s voice was telling the story. 

This will be a staple in my quiet time with God.  I will never stop using this book. 

Available June 2013 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

*I received a coplimentary copy of this book from the publisher for the purpose of this review.*

No comments:

Post a Comment