Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Freedom Isn't Free | Missouri Made Momma

Today, September 11, 2012, is the 11th anniversary of a historic tragedy.  Although we would probably like to forget about all the things that have happened in our country's past, we must not EVER forget.  

If I may....I compare the attack on the Twin Towers to Pearl Harbor.  Well, at least I can see the similarities.  We were unprepared for both attacks and we were drawn into wars after both attacks. Need I say more? Oh, yes, we lost too many lives with both tragedies.  So let's please, please, please, not forget what are past has to show us.

image by mrsdkrebs
I feel like a lot of Americans take their freedom for granted.  We brag about having the freedom to say and do whatever we want (especially now since it's an election year) but, want to disrespect the people that gave us that "right."  Yes, there is this little thing called the First Amendment but, please don't use it to explain away all the crap you have to say and all the hate you want to spread.   To me freedom of speech, its a privilege.

 I say this because we seriously take advantage of it.  We spew so much hate in this country my head spins.  I don't think our country knows how to be a united country.  Ok...I got sidetracked.  Sorry.

Anyway, on today, please take a few minutes and remember all of those who gave their lives, willingly or not, that have given you the freedom to do what you want.  Our freedom costs.  Maybe not you personally, but, freedom does come at a price.  So, if this is the only day you remember the people who have died so that you have the "rights" that you do, that's fine.  Even if it's just a minute of your time to stop and send out some thoughts for the families that have lost loved ones...take that minute.  It's the least you could do for them.  You OWE them that.!  

No comments:

Post a Comment