Friday, December 7, 2012

54 Christmas Trees in White House....Really


I have a huge problem with 54 Christmas Trees, 300 pound gingerbread house and various other decorations in the White House.

With the way the economy is going I feel that the money spent on such items could have been spent elsewhere.  So, Mrs. Obama is all for taking care of children and an advocate for children.  Hmmmmm....doesn't seem like it to me (unless its just for her own children.)  Shouldn't she have taken some money and oh...I don't know, maybe fed some hungry kids or given them some presents.  Sounds like a much better use of funds than 54 Christmas Trees.

Now don't get me wrong.  I love Christmas and have no problems with decorating the White House.  My issue here is the amount and over-abundance of trees and decor. 300 pound gingerbread house...Really??? We are in the midst of a HUGE economic problem and you can find the funds to decorate like that.  A little overboard don't you think.  But, hey...what do I know?

I guess now that they have been re-elected there is no reason to skimp on anything.

Ok...so you want to spend funds (which are needed else where) on 54 Christmas Trees.  Be my guest BUT, how about donating them to children that don't even have 1 tree for Christmas   Sounds like a pretty good idea to me.  How about you?

It seems to me that our county has it's priorities a little mixed up.  We allow our veterans to go homeless, kids to go unfed, families sleeping on streets, but we can spare no expense when it comes to decorating the White House.  I think that's a little backwards.

But, it's like I said earlier...What do I know????

No comments:

Post a Comment