Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Parenting With Scripture | Book Review

Parenting With Scripture by Kara Durbin is a wonderful resource book that every Christian family should have. 

I know there are times when I want to teach my children about a certain subject and I am not quite sure which Bible verse I need, this book makes up for the lack of knowledge that I have in that area.  Durbin has written the book so that it’s easy to find what topic you are looking for by offering them in alphabetical order.  

Each topic starts with a definition of the topic you are looking up.  She defines the topic so you don’t have to get a dictionary out and look it up if your child doesn’t know the meaning.  Then she goes on to offer numerous Bible verses that are related to the topic. 

What I love about this book is that after you get the definition of the topic and the Bible verses to help reinforce it Durbin doesn’t stop there.  She offers you discussion points and questions that can start a conversation with your kids or just get them thinking.    She then offers a “Take Action” section to implement the teaching you and your child just learned.   Occasionally there will be parenting tips along the way. 

I feel that this book is going to make teaching my children about the Bible and God’s teachings a little easier since it’s just a page turn away from having the right scripture verse to use in ANY situation. 

*I received a copy of this book complimentary from the publisher for the purpose of this review.*






No comments:

Post a Comment