|Copyright Bethany Grove|
Well, now for week two.
(15)The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. (16)For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. (17)He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. (18)And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. (19)For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, (20)and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross. (21)Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of# your evil behavior.
(22)But now he has reconciled you by Christ's physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation—(23)if you continue in your faith, established and firm, and do not move from the hope held out in the gospel. This is the gospel that you heard and that has been proclaimed to every creature under heaven, and of which I, Paul, have become a servant.
Now for observations for the week:
- Jesus is the image of God, the one who God created everything for and is lord over all.
- Jesus is the glue for everything and without him all would fall apart.
- Jesus is the HEAD of the church.
- Only Jesus can reconcile things between us and God.
- Jesus died for us to be closer to God, save us from our sins and make us holy in God's eyes.
- Be strong in your faith and don't lose sight of your hope.
- JESUS IS SUPREME!
This week was all about the supremacy of Jesus. Isn't it wonderful.