Thursday, January 17, 2013

Bible Stories that End With a Hug | Book Reivew


I love finding new books to help teach my children about the amazing stories in the Bible so when given the chance to review Bible Stories That End With A Hug by Stephen Elkins (illustrated by Simon Taylor-Kielty) I jumped at the chance.

This is definitely a book that is geared towards the preschool level but, that is exactly what I was looking for.  There are so many books for school aged children it’s hard to find one that a preschooler can understand and that isn't too long for their attention span but, I think I have found one.

The stories are kept short and sweet with a simple beginning paragraph and two questions followed by the answers that help explain the story.  The quickness of each story was PERFECT for my preschooler.  To finish the story off there is a “hug time.”  Obviously they would end with a hug as the title says they will.  Who doesn't like a hug, especially one from their little one?

I love this book and will treasure it for years to come.  The stories are short and sweet and the illustrations are perfectly matched to each story.  It would make a perfect gift for Valentines Day or any day of the week.

*I was given a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher for the purpose of my review.*


No comments:

Post a Comment