Monday, January 7, 2013

The Conviction to Lead | Book Review

I normally stay away  from leadership books since I feel they are all the same but, I thought that The Conviction To Lead by Albert Mohler would be different.  I guess I was wrong.

I felt like this was just another book to throw on the pile when it comes to all the books about how we are supposed to be leading.  The only twist is that it has a Christian viewpoint to it.  I really wanted to like this book since I run my own business and am a mother (yes, being a parent is leadership also) but, it felt oddly familiar.  It was like having leadership book deja vu.  

I am going to do something that I have never done with any book review before and include the summary from the back cover of the book.  Maybe this book will be a valuable resource to someone else but, it was far from it for me.

Back Cover

Change the way you think about leadership.

At that age of thirty-three, Dr. Albery Mohler because the youngest president in the 153-year history of the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary.  He was the driving force behind the school's transformation into a thriving institution with an international reputation characterized by a passionate conviction for truth.  In the process he because one of the most important and prominent Christian voices in contemporary culture.

What will it take to transform YOUR leadership?

Effective leaders need more than administrative skills and vision.  They need to be able to change the hearts and minds of those they lead.  Leadership like this requires passionate beliefs that can stand up to pressure from without and within.

Now for the first time, Dr. Mohler reveals 25 principles to crystallize your convictions, revolutionizing your thinking, your decision making, your communication, and ultimately those you lead.

* I received a copy of this book from the publisher for the purpose of this review.*




No comments:

Post a Comment