Thursday, January 3, 2013

Let. It. Go | Book review




I never thought I was a control freak until reading Let. It. Go by Karen Ehman.  Ok...so maybe I thought I was a little but, this book opened my eyes to just how much of a control freak I am.

Let. It. Go. helps you to find the freedom that you are desperately seeking from trying too hard to control your own life and, in turn, letting God take the reins to steer your life in the direction he wants it to go.  Life is so much easier when you let God control.

Ehman starts the book off with a little quiz to see how much you like being in control.  I thought that I would score on the lower end since I didn't feel like I was anywhere near a control freak but, little did I know, I scored right near the top of the scale.  I wasn't exactly a Control Freak but, I was a little bit of a manipulator.  I was shocked.

I have faith though, because Ehman gives you the tools to let go of the control in every part of your life.  She goes through your relationships with your husband and family, to how you take care (or obsess) over your home, and includes how you control your day to day life.

Karen Ehman's Let. It. Go.  shows you that it’s OK to let go of control.  You won’t lose control over your life in the process.  Your just giving it to someone else that can direct you through your life better.  Let God have control over your life.  You won’t regret it.

I know that I have been blessed since the minute that I started reading this book and letting God control my life.  It wasn't an easy task letting go but, it was definitely worth it.

"I received a copy of this book from the publisher for the purpose of this  review." 

No comments:

Post a Comment