Friday, November 2, 2012

Attitude of Gratitude Day 1

Image Credit Aussiegall

Bible verse for the day (if you want to read) is Colossians 3:12-17

12Put on therefore, as God’s elect, holy and beloved, a heart of compassion, kindness, lowliness, meekness, longsuffering; 13forbearing one another, and forgiving each other, if any man have a complaint against any; even as the Lord forgave you, so also do ye: 14and above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfectness. 15And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to the which also ye were called in one body; and be ye thankful. 16Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly; in all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another with psalms and hymns 17And whatsoever ye do, in word or in deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

Gratitude:  The quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness.

How many people are actually ready to show that they are grateful?  Not to many in today's society.  We are all busy complaining and wanting things that we don't need instead of being thankful for everything we do have.  

The question asked in Day 1 of Growing in Gratitude by Revive Our Hearts is:
What is your gratitude quotient? 

I had to stop and think about this one.  What is my gratitude quotient?  Do I portray a grateful heart to others or am I wanting to much?  I pray that I have a grateful heart but, know that there are times when that's not always the case.  Thus the reason to take this month and work towards being a little more grateful.  We all need that.  

So....The first thing I am grateful for would be God.  There are times when I have no one else to turn to or talk to but, I know that he is always there for me and always will be.  

No comments:

Post a Comment