Monday, November 5, 2012

Attitude of Gratitude Days 3 & 4

Image Credit Aussiegall

This weekend was extremely busy and since I didn't get the chance to post days 3 and 4 for Attitude of Gratitude I wanted to do them both is one post.  I will be doing day 5 in a separate post so look for that coming up.

Day 3

Psalm 107:1-32
1O give thanks unto Jehovah; For he is good; For his lovingkindness endureth for ever. 2Let the redeemed of Jehovah say so, Whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the adversary, 3And gathered out of the lands, From the east and from the west, From the north and from the south. 4They wandered in the wilderness in a desert way; They found no city of habitation. 5Hungry and thirsty, Their soul fainted in them.6Then they cried unto Jehovah in their trouble, And he delivered them out of their distresses, 7He led them also by a straight way, That they might go to a city of habitation. 8Oh that men would praise Jehovah for his lovingkindness, And for his wonderful works to the children of men!9For he satisfieth the longing soul, And the hungry soul he filleth with good.
10Such as sat in darkness and in the shadow of death, Being bound in affliction and iron, 11Because they rebelled against the words of God, And contemned the counsel of the Most High: 12Therefore he brought down their heart with labor; They fell down, and there was none to help. 13Then they cried unto Jehovah in their trouble, And he saved them out of their distresses. 14He brought them out of darkness and the shadow of death, And brake their bonds in sunder. 15Oh that men would praise Jehovah for his lovingkindness, And for his wonderful works to the children of men! 16For he hath broken the gates of brass, And cut the bars of iron in sunder.
17Fools because of their transgression, And because of their iniquities, are afflicted. 18Their soul abhorreth all manner of food; And they draw near unto the gates of death. 19Then they cry unto Jehovah in their trouble, And he saveth them out of their distresses. 20He sendeth his word, and healeth them, And delivereth them from their destructions. 21Oh that men would praise Jehovah for his lovingkindness, And for his wonderful works to the children of men!22And let them offer the sacrifices of thanksgiving, And declare his works with singing.
23They that go down to the sea in ships, That do business in great waters; 24These see the works of Jehovah, And his wonders in the deep. 25For he commandeth, and raiseth the stormy wind, Which lifteth up the waves thereof. 26They mount up to the heavens, they go down again to the depths: Their soul melteth away because of trouble.27They reel to and fro, and stagger like a drunken man, And are at their wits’ end. 28Then they cry unto Jehovah in their trouble, And he bringeth them out of their distresses. 29He maketh the storm a calm, So that the waves thereof are still. 30Then are they glad because they are quiet; So he bringeth them unto their desired haven. 31Oh that men would praise Jehovah for his lovingkindness, And for his wonderful works to the children of men! 32Let them exalt him also in the assembly of the people, And praise him in the seat of the elders.
Since these verses offer up personal testimonies today's assignment from Revive Our Hearts is to write out my personal testimony.  This is kind of hard for me since I have never thought about it.  I was babptize when I was a baby and went to church until I was a young child. Then my family only went on holidays and eventually stopped all together.  I have always had a love for God and Jesus but, haven't always been the most devoted Christian.  
Recently I have started (again) doing bible studies and spending time everyday with God.  It's amazing how my life and mind have gotten more peaceful.  When I have a problem or worry God always has a ways to make sure that problem and worry go away by answering my questions or giving me the reassurance that I needed at that time.  
So, dear reader, what is your testimony? Please feel free to leave it in the comments section below.
Thing to be grateful for today is: My path in life.  I know that might sound weird but, if it weren't for the path that I have traveled who know's where my life would be right now.  I am extremely grateful for the way that I have gone.  

Image Credit Aussiegall

Day 4
Psalm 103:1-5

1Bless Jehovah, O my soul; And all that is within me, bless his holy name. 2Bless Jehovah, O my soul, And forget not all his benefits:3Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; Who healeth all thy diseases; 4Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; Who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies; 5Who satisfieth thy desire with good things, So that thy youth is renewed like the eagle.

For todays Revive Our Hearts has the assignment to make two lists.  Gifts from God and gifts from others.  I have to say that my biggest gift from God is my wonderful family.  Without them I would be lost.  They are the best thing that has ever happened to me.  

The funny thing is when I try to think about gifts from others and find something that I couldn't live without I am having a hard time. There is one gift though that comes to mind.  It's the gift of friendship and love that I have been given by my best friend.  

We met in college and have been friends since.  A decade later we are more like sisters than friends.  We can tell each other everything and be completely honest.  Sure there are time when we disagree but, we NEVER judge each other and always offer a differing view point.  

So the thing I am grateful for today would be the friendship that I have with my best friend.  Friends can come and go but, a true (best) friend is to be valued.  Friendships take work but, if they are nourished they will flourish.  



No comments:

Post a Comment